Thursday, June 18, 2009

Road to Badwater

Only 3 weeks away from the start of Badwater Ultramarathon. It's finally coming together. My main concern has been the heat. Around here, it's not HOT!! enough outside. However, for the last month, I've been getting a steady dose of outdoor & indoor heat training. I've got 2 more weeks of intense heat training before tapering. Then I should be ready to go. I am looking forward to this awesome adventure.


Me and Cheryl Zwarkowski. I helped crew/pace her last year. She finished in 44 hours. Just a great lady to be around. She'll be running again this year. Her start time is 8am. Go Cheryl.
Mayor of Badwater, Dr. Ben Jones (Badwater finisher), in the middle. Not sure who the other guy is. He just happened to jump in the photo opt.


Left photo:Dan Jansen and me. Great athlete. Very few amputees to finish Badwater. His story is told on CD "Running on the Sun". Right photo:Jack Denness and I. Just a great lad from London. He had planned on running this year, which would have made him the oldest entrant. This man has finished Badwater numerous times. He is also featured on "Running on the Sun".

No comments: